Colour Chart |
View your order | Checkout
Mail Order - Terms and Conditions:
- Orders accepted subject to availability. Delivery to UK and EU only. We reserve the right to reject any order.
- Once we have confirmed availability and postage and packing costs, you will be asked to pay by PayPal or credit card.
- UK postage will be by First Class delivery via Royal Mail and will be charged at cost. For a small, signed for parcel this is currently £5.00. Damaged parcels must be signed for as damaged. Any claims for shortages, loss or damage in transit must be made in writing to Roadford Water Gardens, Higher Goodacre Farm, Broadwoodwidger, Lifton, PL16 0ER or by e-mail within 3 days of receipt. Plants can deteriorate or expire rapidly so we cannot accept liability for parcels left according to your instructions and no right to cancellation applies.
- Postage day will be Monday (or Tuesday if a Bank Holiday). This is to avoid irises being in transit over the weekend. Do ask when ordering if another postage day is preferred.
- Plants will be sent out when they are ready and the weather conditions are suitable, usually between mid-April and mid-July for the water plants, and between the end of May to the end of July for the iris ensata. Pre-season orders are welcomed.
- All our bog plants: caltha, primula, iris ensata and iris siberica are sent ‘bare root’. This means that the roots and the leaves will be washed and trimmed before sending. It keeps postal charges to a minimum. It also means that plants will need to be unwrapped, planted and watered-in as soon as they arrive. If you are unable to plant them in their final position straight away, they may be planted in pots placed on saucers of water . Garden soil or compost (or a mixture of both) will be fine, although Iris ensata must be planted in acid soil and/or ericaceous compost.
- Pond plants are similarly sent 'bare-root' and must also be opened on arrival. Obviously, the sooner they are planted, the better they can establish themselves in their new home and, when possible, should be planted in soil right away. If for some reason that is not possible, they may be placed in a bucket of rain water for a couple of days.
- Please do not be disappointed that plants are not flowering when delivered. Plants establish themselves better when not in flower. It is our aim to give you a clear idea of the plants we sell. You appreciate that there are inevitably slight variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. For this reason, all pictures on the website are used for illustrative purposes only. The plants that leave Roadford Water Gardens are healthy, strong specimens and we hope that they will thrive and give you pleasure for many years.
- Please notify us within 3 days of receipt if you have any problems with your order and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
- In the event of a claim being made, the liability of Roadford Water Gardens is limited to the value of the plants ordered.
Privacy & Cookies
- Use of online ordering on this web site requires the use of session cookies to ensure that any items you add to your shopping cart and any other details you have entered are remembered when you move from page to page within the web site. This is how we keep a record of what you want to order and of your details until you finish ordering and want to confirm your order. The session cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. The next time you visit this web site, it will not recognise you and will treat you as a completely new visitor. If you wish to use online ordering, you should ensure that your browser is configured to accept cookies.
- If you do not want to accept the session cookies, you will not be able to order online - please telephone instead.